Monday, July 21, 2008

Where in the world?


Can you guess where we are enjoying these delicious Starbucks drinks?
IN TRUJILLO, PERU! Starbucks has officially opened their doors in Real Plaza Mall - 5 minutes from our house! Of course, we ran into several Peru Mission Team members while we were there - the expats are happy!
Things have come a long way in Peru since 1999 - when we bought coffee beans grown in the jungle in the outdoor market and politely begged our "Cajamarca grandmother" to roast the beans in her mud oven - just to try and approximate the great coffee shop coffee we missed so badly. Now, we can easily walk in to Starbucks at our new mall, drop a huge wad of cash and enjoy a marvelous cup of coffee!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Your are FAST! What, did you run in,drop your groceries on the floor, and post on your blog??? Unbelievalbe.
But it is exciting, isn't it. :)
Look for my post tomorrow after I can get a picture of our "First clientes" honor.
But I'm not bragging....

The Bradfords said...

Actually, I dropped the groceries, cooked hamburgers, ate lunch, taught a history lesson and THEN I posted - but it was hard to wait that long! We saw y'all's receipt on the bulletin board at Starbucks as the first clients - John and Annette!

Allen and Sandi Smith said...

We are such the consumer Americans aren't we!? Allen and I had our picture taken at the bookstore next door to Starbucks as being the first customers:-) Hey, if you look closely at our pic of Starbucks, you can see Dale & Susan inside:-) By the way, in case you didn't ask, they are open from 9am - 12 at night!

The Bradfords said...

You can see Lauren Freeman inside on our pix - I think Peru Mission will singlehandedly keep them open!

Jami said...

I wish I was there with you! How can I not be there for this "first?" I miss y'all terribly!