Sunday, May 03, 2009

If you've ever been to Trujillo...

...then you know the huge, hideous mermaid statue on Larco Avenue.
Well, you will be glad to know (we are glad anyway!) that she is finally being moved down to the beach where she belongs. Apparently she caused a little too much chaos at that intersection.

3 comments:

Grace G said...

Hilarious! That was the landmark I used to give directions to the Castro's house when I lived there. Larco won't be the same without her (which is a good thing!)

joshua burdette said...

oh, no!!!! i can't believe larco is losing such a historic and tasteful landmark...what a loss!! :)

we miss y'all and peru. i had a good time with your dad last weekend. unfortunately, he was too tired to beat me in a game of ping pong (he invited us over around christmas and whooped me bad a few times)!

it was good seeing nate and beth and the kids, too. send our greetings to yours!

Owen Stroud said...

I think I faintly remember that ugly statue occupying some main square...or maybe it was another statue of some leader or someone else.

Peru is a neat place and it was a privilege to be able to serve there June 7-14 last year. I would come again next time our church sends down another group. Keep up the great work down there!