Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Women of the Harvest Conference in Santiago, Chile

Any of you who know me personally know that I (Allen) am rarely at a loss for words … however, I am struggling to find words to adequately describe the marvelous blessing we received last week. On Thursday, two other missionary wives (Jami Baker & Heather Ferguson) and I headed to Santiago, Chile, to attend an amazing conference given by Women of the Harvest, a magazine designed specifically for all women serving our Lord overseas. The gracious women who volunteered to come put on this conference went over the top to pamper, refresh and spiritually feed the Lord's servants in Latin America - all through donations made by sisters in churches in the USA.

Our mornings were spent in praise & worship (in English!), being fed through I Thessalonians 5:16-18 by Shelly Volkhardt (a former missionary kid, former missionary wife & mother – whose honesty and love for the Lord is truly contagious), and sharing concerns and prayers in our assigned small groups. The afternoons were left open for free time to receive any of the free pampering services they offered (counseling, massages, pedicures, hair style…) or hit beautiful Santiago for a tour or shopping. Then, the evening sessions were pure fun – White Elephant Gift Exchange and Funny Missionary Story Time. We bonded with women from all over the USA and Canada who are serving all over Latin America in many different styles of ministry. We were enormously blessed.

Thank you, Women of the Harvest, for your sacrificial and sensitive service to women striving to faithfully serve our precious Lord in a foreign land. Thank you, Bill (dear hubby) and David & Corinne (dear in-laws) for taking care of things at home so that I could go. And thanks be to the Lord for providing through many sisters all over the world just what we needed, just when we needed it.


For more photos, click
here.

No comments: